background

Monday, February 16, 2015

Doctor's Orders

On Tuesday, I woke up feeling absolutely awful, so I slept in for a while and then we went to the Mission Doctor. I felt much better at that time, and the doctor gave me some medicine and told me I could work! YES!! I would have hated staying at home, I felt much better and we had a ton of appointments, so this was a huge blessing from God to me, and I hope for those we visited. It was hard, but I felt so much happier working than staying at home. I love being a missionary!


This week, we have been contacting and what surprised me is that almost everyday, we contacted a member that had somehow lost touch with the church. I didn't know them, but we would ask if they knew the church, and they would say, 'Yeah, I was baptized (so many years ago)' It was really amazing how God placed us in their paths, and vice versa, really a very strong testimony to me that God knows and loves each of us and wants us to be happy! God is so Good!

We've also had to leave some investigators this week, people who like to listen, but don't want to change. Cool story, we were going to leave one investigator, he really just wanted to argue. I was thinking about it, praying really hard to know what we should do, and I felt prompted to visit him one more time. I really didn't want to if I'm honest, I would much rather have visited someone that would listen to our message and do something about it, but we went. 

When we arrived, we found he wasn't there, but his daughter who had just moved in a few days prior, invited us in. She listened attentively and invited us to come back. Had we not returned, we probably would never have found her, but again, God knows each of us PERSONALLY, our needs, our desires, how we can be happy, and He sent us there to visit that woman because this is something that she NEEDS, and that CAN make her happy. How grateful I am for a Father in Heaven who knows and loves me, and each of you!!

This week coming, we celebrate not just one, but TWO wonderful people! First, the studliest of studs, the clutchiest of the clutch, the fastest of people who are really fast, the one and only, JACooooooooooob CONNORRRRRRRRR!!! This man among men is just about the coolest guy around. Good looking, athletic, loving, and the epiphany of awesome, he's got it all. I love this kid so much and I'm so lucky to have him as my brother! Happy Birthday, 16 YEAR OLD. That's right ladies, he's dateable! You better get in line now though, it's already probably a few miles long. And he's only got two years before his mission! LIMITED TIME OFFER!! TAKE ADVANTAGE NOW!! 

11 And [Jacob] was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of a perfect understanding...
12 Yea, a man whose heart did swell with thanksgiving to his God, for the many privileges and blessings which he bestowed upon his people; a man who did labor exceedingly for the welfare and safety of his people.
 13 Yea, and he was a man who was firm in the faith of Christ...

The second person, and by no means lesser than my younger brother. My sister Julie also has her birthday this week, turning 21!! She's equally wonderful, funny, and such the nicest sister named Julie ever! I have a ton of fun memories when we would play together as kids and I love having her as my sister!! 

 17 A friend loveth at all times...

Happy Birthdays! I love you all! Have a great week

Elder Connor

P.S. Sorry I haven't sent pictures recently, the computers have had trouble, but here they are!!
  1. (left to right) Elder Pacheco (my brother), Elder Jimenez (my father), me, Elder Castillo (my son!!) 
  2. (left to right) Elder Kleinman (an elder from my generation), me, my son, and Elder Zabriskie (Elder Kleinman's son!)
  3. We have a momma bird in our cactus!!
  4. The burgers we made a few weeks ago. So. Good. 




No comments:

Post a Comment