background

Monday, August 25, 2014

Paparazzi

We got a surprise picture of Joseph after he had only been in the MTC for about a week! A lady saw him and a few other missionaries in the airport and took a picture to send to their moms. Here's what she said about Joseph:


I wanted to let you know that your son looked so great!  My son is serving in Nevada and I am from Utah. Your cute son was one of about 16 missionaries flying to Vegas for their Visas.  He was very happy and confident.  Out of all 16 he was the only one that really talked to me and was very friendly and happy.  I tried forever to get the text to go through, he even tried to help me and I couldn't get it.  Then all of a sudden it went.  That is why I sent the email.  I love getting random pictures on my phone from members in texts and on facebook.  

I'm sure your missionary is in Mexico now.  I think he said he was leaving the next week.  He really did look great and has an amazing spirit.  He will be a fantastic missionary.  If there is anything you need me to help with I am happy to.  This is a hard journey for the first few months until they get settled.  This is my third missionary and I wish I could say you worry less but you don't.  It is the most amazing time in their lives an in the life of your family.  Enjoy it!  

He is in good hands.  I have seen the Lord protect and life all of my boys.  They come home wonderful priesthood holders and leaders and have a love for the Savior.  That is what a mom hopes for.  I often say, what they learn on their mission as mother, I can't teach them those things.  The Lord is a much better teacher.  Good luck and tell your son hello from the crazy lady at the Salt Lake airport.  I just kind of walked up and plopped down in the middle of them and they weren't sure what I was doing.  Like I said your son was the only one that really acted like I would expect a missionary to act when a stranger comes up to them.  Have a great Sabbath day and a wonderful week.  



So nice! If you see any missionaries, you might consider taking a picture and sending it to their family. It was really fun to get that message!

No comments:

Post a Comment