background

Monday, March 2, 2015

"Meet the Mormons" and Prayers

First off, starting next Monday, I will no longer be sending my big email home to everyone's individual email, just to those of my family. It will still be posted on the following blogspot: 

If you wish to email me, I will respond as quickly as possible. I love you all! 

Anyway, this week, was pretty good. We saw the 'Meet the Mormons' movie on Tuesday, which was AMAZING. What made it even better was that we saw it as a mission, so I got to see all my good missionary friends and take lots of pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have my camera memory card with me...next week

I also received TWO packages on Tuesday, one from Mom, and one from Kelly! They are the winners!!! 

I want to share an interesting experience I had this week. On Tuesday, I decided to do an experiment; in every single one of my prayers for the entire week, I would only thank God for the things I have and not ask for ANYTHING. I lasted 3 days, and let me tell you, there was a clear difference. I learned many things from this little test. 
  1. There is SO much to be grateful for! God gives us everything we have and when we start to count our blessings, it's hard to stop. 'Count your many blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done. Mosiah 2:21; 'I say unto you that...ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another...
  1. We CANNOT do this great work without asking for His help. We need it. There is no way we can possibly make it through this life having experienced true joy and happiness without knowing Him and recognizing the blessings and miracles all around us, when we ask for and receive them. He has SO many blessings just waiting for us, and if we ask for them, AND ACT in order to be worthy and ready to receive them, He WILL bless us. 
I love this Gospel so much! I love being a missionary, being able to share it! I understand so much more now how wonderful a blessing it is to have a Heavenly Father who loves us, listens to us, and responds to our needs. 

Sorry this email is short, I have 0 time! But I love you all! Have a great week

Elder Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment