background

Monday, September 22, 2014

Mama's Boy, Eagles, and a Frisbee....ish

First and most important: This Wednesday, we celebrate THE BEST woman in history, my Mom! It's her birthday on the 24th, and I'm gonna take a couple minutes to tell you why she's THE BEST. 
  • She's loving: I don't think I know anyone on this earth who loves people more than my mom. Really, this could describe everything about her, so here's how she's loving
LIST 2
  • She's service oriented: My mom loves to serve! She is always one of the first to put her name down to feed the missionaries, to show up to Eagle Projects, to sacrifice her time to help out others
  • She's a great missionary!: My mom isn't afraid to share the Gospel with people, because she knows it's true, and she loves it! And she loves them, so she's going to share as much as possible! 
  • She's patient: My mom is very long-suffering, with seven rowdy kids, you kinda have to be. But she does it with a smile on her face and love in her heart! When we're giving her a hard time, she's very patient in helping us understand what's really up. 
And much much more! She's just the best, if you've met her, you know what I'm talking about. And if you've met me, you know I always tell the truth.

This week, to celebrate Mexico's bday, our district partied with some other elders. Pizza, non-caffeinated soda, mormon church music. Rock on. 


On Wednesday, we had a Multi-zone meeting, which was awesome (Even though I couldn't understand about half of it...) I still learned tons and felt the Spirit, and got to talk with President and his wife! I love them so much.

We visited a family this week for a Family Home Evening. The dad isn't super active, but tjey're all really nice and love having us over! The mom also speaks English really well, so they had me sing the opening song in English! It was so fun! We had a really good lesson about repentance and faith, and the dad is coming to activities more often, which is awesome! 



On Friday, I found a frisbee. A ring actually, and it was plastic, so not that great, but it was nice...for a day. We had another ward party this Saturday (for my mom's bday, obviously) and I made the mistake of bringing it. Some kids grabbed it and it didn't survive the night. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted haha. 

So remember that talk I was supposed to give last Sunday and never did? Well, I found out on Thursday that E. Jimenez and I were gonna speak this past Sunday (yesterday), so I got to give it! I think it went well, I got lots of nice compliments afterwards, and I think they could mostly understand me haha. 

This week, I was reading in 1 Nephi 18:12-13, which says: 'And it came to pass that after they had bound me insomuch that I could not move, the compass, which had been prepared of the Lord, did cease to work. Wherefore, they knew not whither they should steer the ship, insomuch that there arose a great storm, yea, a great and terrible tempest, and we were driven back upon the waters for the space of three days; and they began to be frightened exceedingly lest they should be drowned in the sea; nevertheless they did not loose me.' 

I love these verses! Notice how the first thing taken from them was their direction: When they started sinning, they no longer knew where to go. 'The compass...did cease to work.' Our lives are very much the same. When we step off the path of righteousness, and stop heeding the words of the prophets, we too become lost. When we cross over to that path of wickedness, we no longer know where to go. A little later, Laman and Lemuel, who had bound Nephi, repent and free him. When this happens, Nephi picks up the compass and PRAISES God, not complaining over the fact that he's been tied up for 4 days. When this happens, the compass starts working again and they can find their way. As we obey the commandments, we too will be led out of the storm of sin and brought to our promised land. 

I love you all, have a great week! 
Elder Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment